Friday, August 6, 2010

Interminable loneliness

I sit. I sit alone in mind, body, and soul in this world. I have no lover, no best friend, no soul mate.I sit alone.

Whilst these spring from my fingers, I see young couples in mutual thrall to the demands of romance, mothers cooing to their swaddled infants, and families taking in the climactic pleasures of a warm August day in the mitten.They are a flock of birds together, I a solitary crow flying solo across this land.

This loneliness is insufferable. It suffocates my soul, it permeates my being. It fouls my moods, threatening to tear asunder my spirit.It is the rain on a wedding day, it is a warm blanket turned wet.

What to do, what to do about this ferocious beast that shreds my spirit, that murders my happiness? What to do about the shadow of the monster that blackens my day? What shall I do?

Shall I venture to the local watering holes to satiate my thirst for female companionship? Shall the drinking of libations transform this meek scribe into a fearless gladiator who conquers the mighty lioness?Or will I be just another drunken fool foiled in his attempt to find carnal pleasures at a cheap rate?

Maybe dating websites are the the place to meet members of the fairer gender.Shall I venture into the mysterious realm of Internet dating?A world inhabited by the lonely, desperate, and those seeking to take advantage of them?

Perhaps work place romances are the way to go? Is it the dark haired Irish girl in the office the one? Or is it the pouty lipped brunette nurse? Perhaps it is a face yet discovered.

But with certainty I know this: the savage creature must be slayed.Unending, relentless, loneliness must be replaced by the unending, relentless, love of a Juliet.

No comments:

Post a Comment